Thursday 30 October 2014

Bass or Raptor....?

There was an interesting thread about Zander hooks on Idlers Quest the other day, I've no reason to change from the 2/0 Mustad Bass Ultimate Bass hook as it really has transformed my hook-ups and banked fish however I found some Size 1 ESP Raptors amongst my tackle which were recommended in the thread by Lee Fletcher.

They look ideal for the small 2.5" Roach deadbaits I've got in the freezer. Interestingly it has the same size wide gape at around 15mm but a 30mm shorter shank. The Raptor also has a much thicker gauge however and that's one of the reasons why I like the bass hook as it's very thin indeed, and ideal for penetrating the Zanders bony mouth. They are a size up than recommended but I'll give them a go and report back.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that's the hook Danny was using, Mick. He'll no doubt confirm that. Looks just the same to me. Be good to hear how you get on with them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...