Monday 11 July 2016

Warwickshire Avon – Much canoe about Nothing

Out went the float, trailing two feet of line, shot and terminal tackle.

As the shot settled, the float cocked, a fleck of red,

Casters, waiting to be intercepted.

The float simply vanished, downwards into the depths of the shallow glide.

Another fish on, a bite a chuck.

I enjoy trotting, I don’t do enough of it.



For this morning session simple trotting tactics, hemp, caster and small pellets as feed, Drennan Acolyte 14ft float rod, stick float and size 16 Guru QM1 hook with a couple of casters.

Despite the swim occupied I wanted to fish I found a cracking swim which was slightly shallower with a nice long glide. It didn’t take much to build the swim either, the trickle of bait got the fish feeding. Not the biggest of fish admittedly but some nice sport all the same. A chance hook up of a larger fish which came off within a few seconds I’m sure there were Chub at the tail and of the swim holding back and not wanting to get too much involved. 

 
Plenty of Roach, Dace and Chublets were caught and if one was fishing a match a decent weight would easily be achieved.

Then my enjoyment ended….

2 canoeists in sight, the 4 swans retreating downstream.

“You do know there is an event on here today?”

“No, is there?”

“Yes it’s called the Doggy Paddle” “We raise money for the guide dogs for the blind”

“Oh, ok thanks for letting me know”

“The first should be here in 30 minutes or so” “Then another 300 will follow”

“THREE HUNDRED!!!!!!!!!”




I did a quick Google, and certainly a worthy cause, 18 miles of the Warwickshire Avon, from Leamington, through the grounds of Warwick Castle and Charlecote Park, ending in Stratford-Upon-Avon.

The route map here

So that was my fishing session buggered up and cut short, I was enjoying myself too.

3 comments:

  1. 300 of them OMG. You should be fine with the raft race a week on sunday (24th) as it starts at Wasperton

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it :) luckily I'd managed a reasonable morning.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...